Everyone knows that there is no substitute for a healthy balanced diet and so, adding certain foods can help the diabetic people to keep their sugar levels under control. There are lots of foods available in the market which can help in cutting the risks of diabetes. These foods can also help in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. On the other hand, you should not think that these foods can be your magic pills, which can eventually cut down your health condition.
It is very much important for diabetic people to eat balance diet and make time for exercise as this can help in managing their condition. Nevertheless, there are some foods like white bread, which are immediately converted to blood sugar that lead to quick spike. While other foods like brown rice are being digested slowly, this in turn causes gentler and slower changes in the blood sugar. If you are trying to make sure that you following a healthy diet suitable for diabetic people, there are few Diabetic Recipes for your daily meal. These recipes are made easy diabetic recipes so that you will not find difficulty in preparing them. Below are the 10 healthy diabetic recipes that you can have for your breakfast and dessert:
Diabetic Breakfast Recipes
1. Spinach and Cheese Omelette – Adding nutrients into your breakfast is easy through stirring in chopped tomato, chopped fresh spinach, as well as shredded cheese in your protein-packed omelette. As for the ingredients that you might need for this recipe includes 1 tbsp. butter, 2 eggs, 1 cup chopped spinach, 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper and 1/3 cup of shredded Swiss cheese.
2. Banana Bread – Your breakfast does not need to too classy or expensive. The sweetness of this banana bread came from 4 bananas. So if you want to bake this banana bread since it is one of the healthy diabetic breakfast recipes available, you need to prepare whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, all-purpose flour, salt, calorie-free sweetener, margarine, eggs, bananas and cooking spray. The Procedure is then easy.
3. Artichoke Quiche – if you want to have cheesy recipe for your breakfast, artichoke quiche is an ideal one. It comes with a cheesy rice crust rather than of a pastry crust. This recipe is not only a hearty meatless main dish but it is also gluten free.
4. Greek Orzo Stuffed Peppers – In preparing this healthy diabetic recipe, you need to steam bell peppers and fill them with feta, spinach and orzo. If you don’t have these ingredients, you can substitute it with herbs, beans or any kind of cheese. You can serve it along with cucumber salad and whole-wheat pita.
5. Chili-Roasted Carrots – This is one of the easy diabetic recipes that you can prepare for your breakfast. These carrots are truly busting with zesty flavour because of its cumin and chilli powder tossed with lime juice and cilantro. You can serve this along with roasted pork or chicken.
Easy Diabetic Dessert Recipes
6. Swirled Cheesecake Brownies – This recipe has been prepared through the use of ingredients that include whole-wheat flour. Also, this decadent-tasting brownie comes with a beautiful marbled cheesecake topping that will surely fit best with your taste. Through cutting this into bite-size pieces, you would be able to keep track of your calorie count.
7. Cherries with Toasted Almonds & Ricotta – these warm cherries topped with toasted almonds and luscious ricotta cheese will provide you with rich-tasting but calorie conscious dessert.
8. Baked Almond Stuffed Peaches – This recipe will enable you to transform your peaches into a warm and fabulous dessert through stuffing with toasted almonds, dried apricots as well as crushed amaretti cookie crumbs.
9. Strawberry-Banana Delight– When it comes to diabetic dessert recipes, you can be creative enough. You can turn classing pairing flavour into a great and delicious whipped Gelatin.
10. Lemony Blueberry Cheesecake Bars– If you are also one of those who prefer cheesecake for their dessert, you will surely love this cheesecake bars or wholesome bar cookie.
There are lots of easy diabetic recipes that you can prepare for yourself or for a family member who is diabetic. These diabetic diet recipes will not only help you in maintain your sugar level but this will also make your meal exciting. Even though you are diabetic, it does not mean you have to eat boring foods because there are lots of delicious and nutritious diabetic recipes that you can either purchase or prepare on your own. These easy diabetic recipes will surely make you smile.